Revelation Today

Word of God, Truth, Poetry, culture, Love, Faith, hope and More.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

What inspired Sheka Mansaray to write?


What inspired Sheka Mansaray to write?
Sheka: In 2001, when I was in 7th grade I sow a video of a young lady telling her story about the absence of her family, which at that moment I (had just came from Sierra Leone two year early-er in 1998) was also undergoing the sadness of my father's death in the hands of the "R.U.F," May his soul R.I.P. I spoke to a teacher who then gave me a not book to write whatever feelings that I may want to express and as I was coming of age in my high school years, I was given a chance among 10 students to part take in a Program called "Mentor connection" to be mentored by one of Minnesotan's top poetry teacher who sow a light in me and was able to motivated me to put my work together and tour Minnesota. While I was on tour give poetry slams and spoken-word (which is a form of self-expression in a high poetry matter)

Tell us about your last years in high school?




 Sheka: In my last year of High school my grandmother pass away. That was a hard time for me while I was in school, she was my hero because when I was a child she was all I knew to be a parent in my life. And in my first year in college at the age of 18 in 2007 "The Tears of my father" was published and I became the youngest published poet in My University's History. The book came with great success as door's opening, interviews, book reading and was touring schools and University around the country to given speeches on the matter of hope and overcoming the past to reach your dream.

What years did you published your second book:
In 2009 I published my second book called "Desert Rose" which shows and gave homage to my Grandmother. May her soul R.I.P. "Desert Rose" opened many doors in my journey. Touring was once again a movement of my passion.








What is 50strong50wise?
 Sheka: In 2010 I took a trip to go back home and find my mother after 13 years of homesick and when I come back I founded a Non-profit NGO called " 50strong50wise, INC (www.50strong50wise.com). The cause of the the foundation is to Fund raise $10,000 to support the unique talents and minds of selected students, initiate development, and support growth; committed to generating degrees out of these students to aide in the awareness and growth of Sierra Leone's economic presence.
2. Each student will be supplied with $100 dollars; $50 will be allocated for all school fees and the other $50 for books and other related school expenses.
3. Improving Education; these students will be the first generation to attend school willingly and freely. Thus, strengthening the ability of young people to be able to participate in the ideology of Education, decision-making, establishing chapters, peace and agreement in their communities, region and beyond. 






Now in 2012 I'm in my final year of school with English literature major with minor in Non-profit management. I'm working on my 3th book titled "Quest for Blessing." My inspiration is my mother, family, and those who were lost in the war in Sierra Leone, they are my hero's and strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment